Your Cub Cadet's mower deck takes a lot of abuse (some more than others) and can get dinged up, bent and sometimes even broken over time. Not only that, your mower deck is also subject to a lot of moisture and can rust over time even if you wash it after every mowing. Mower decks are usually pretty expensive to replace but used ones can be found more reasonably. It doesn't matter if you have a 50", 60" or 72" deck, they all are expensive to replace but the price is generally going to increase with the size of the deck.
There is good news. If you can find a reasonably priced mower deck, they are quite easy to replace using the following steps:
- Park Cub Cadet on flat surface in neutral with PTO disengaged.
- Lower mower deck to its lowest position (if it doesn't rest on the ground, put some blocks under it)
- Remove the guard from the drive belt and idler pulleys and remove the drive belt
- Remove the cotter pins that connect the deck to the tractor and any other linkage (this is going to vary by year and model)
- Lift deck handle to highest position, pull out old deck and insert replacement
- Follow steps in reverse to attach new deck